Thursday, November 21, 2013

Beginning Middle School

By Grayson P.

            It was my last day of elementary school.   I cried the evening before because I was worried that I would not have a good teacher next year my moving up ceremony.  I came to school. The breakfast was taste but the moving up ceremony was my main worry it was ok.  I just cried a little but it wasn’t like that Middle School was starting tomorrow.
            Then when the time came to go back to school I didn’t feel as bad to start this new chapter of my life.  When I went to the middle school opening assembly I realized that it wasn’t the same and I felt special that there was an extra year of middle school compared to a public school.  The bad thing was my teachers and head of school put me Academic Support. My teachers thought it would be good in the end I got out of academic support and I changed my self-knowing I could beat out my teachers and tell what was best for me. A blessing from the lord.  Both of my parent’s said “You took good leadership and where able to achieve anything” that made me feel a lot better. 
            When events such as late night, Halloween dance, and Christmas where good things because I was able to have fun with friends and meet others.  The best thing about that year was learning about Williamsburg.  I thought my teacher was good at teaching history. That unit told me a lot about colonial American history.  I never imagined I would have to sand and paint a block of wood in class. I knew a lot about sanding and painting but the problem here was that I was sanding inside with carpet floors that I did not want to mess up. I did Brouton Parish Church. It was hard to get an accurate place for the door and windows without ever seeing the building. I had to invision the windows by using YouTube, history.org, Brouton Paris Churches web site.  Another project we did was about a trade I was the book binder and made a butiful poster.  Finely we went to Jamestown and colonial Williamsburg. Jamestown was
Then came the moving up ceremony of 2013 it showed to me that I had been able to get through the 5th grade. Through all my 5th grade year I went through sad and joyful times I always had corege to accomplish what I was able to “Thank you God “.
  

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog and was happy to see you express your emotions about your experiences last year. You can do anything when you put your mind to it!

    ReplyDelete