Monday, November 4, 2013

Learning to Ride My Bike

By Reyna


When I learned to my ride a bike I was 7 years old. I learned in an empty parking lot near my house. The parking lot had faded paint on the pavement. There was a gazebo where my mom, dad, and my sister were sitting. I was really scared and excited at the same time. My dad was the one who helped me stay up so that I could balance on my bike before I could ride it on my own. He had taught me how to ride my bike a couple of years before, but I hadn’t been on it for a long time so I forgot how to ride it. I was doing okay until I fell. After I fell I wanted to give up. My dad told me that I had to keep trying or else I would never learn how to ride my bike. I kept riding my bike and I had a lot of fun. Whenever someone passed by and saw me, I would stop and get off my bike because I didn’t want anybody to see me if I fell. I was so happy when I got home. I kept riding until it was dark outside.  Ever since I learned, I have been riding my bike all the time. I like to ride after school. In the summer I bike to my friend’s house a lot. After my sister learned how to ride a bike we’ve went on a lot of rides together.  We go on 10 mile rides with our dad sometimes. Now, riding my bike is one of my favorite things to do.


1 comment: