Monday, November 25, 2013

Championship

By Daniel

            After my dad picked me up from school he exclaimed “Your lacrosse team has qualified for the playoffs!” After he told me the news I went berserk. The next weekend it was time for the playoffs. The first game we play a team that we beat in the middle of the season, so we were favored to win. When the game started we fiercely won the faceoff and scored. My team scored two more times. All the goals in the first half were unselfishly assisted by me. The first goal scored in the second half was by me. The Bays almost scored, but our ferocious defense stopped them. The rest of the fast-paced game was scoreless and we won 5-0. The next game was the championship game. I thought the Championship was the next day, but turns out I was wrong. The team won the other game, which meant that my team was going against them. The starting of the game the other team easily scored and also won the faceoff. They scored again and the rest of the tough half was scoreless for both teams. The next half they scored again, which changed the score three to nothing. When we thought we were going to hopelessly lose we came back and scored three more goals. Then stunningly we went into overtime. We went through two truly tough overtime games. Eventually we scored and won the extended game. We celebrated our victory. Gloves, helmets, hats, and hand flew up into the air as we shed tears of joy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment